The library of Panchla Mahavidyalaya aims to support the teaching learning activity in the college. It provides the students with updated knowledge and ensures the optimum utilisation of the available resources.
The library at present provides services mostly through a manual system. However, keeping in mind the present day requirements, we have started the process of automating the services. An internet facility is available to the users. We are progressing towards fuller automation, but with a human touch.
1. Only Bonafide members are allowed to enter the college library on the strength of a valid identity card, which must be produced as and when it is demanded by the library staff or college authority.
2. Complete silence must be maintained in and near the library.
3. Eatables are not allowed in the library.
4. Use of cell phones for making or answering calls is strictly prohibited.
5. Free internet facilities are available for the students only to be accessed on the desktop computers in the library.
6. Infringement of the library rules will result in the withdrawal of the library facility from the students.
7. All cases of the violation of rules will be reported to the principal for suitable action.
8. Co-operation of the students is earnestly sought in observing the rules.